Last Modified: September 14, 2023
Please Read Carefully.
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are between Weston Web Design d/b/a White Pine Digital (“Company”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) and you (“you” and “your”) and govern your access to and/or use of our website located at https://whitepine.digital and/or web applications (including without limitation any services, products, content, downloads, audio recordings, videos, and/or any other materials available therein), and any sites Company may have now and/or in the future (collectively, the “Services”). If you do not agree with these Terms, you must not use the Services.
BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE TERMS, AS WELL AS ALL OTHER APPLICABLE RULES OR POLICIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT ARE AND/OR MAY BE ESTABLISHED BY COMPANY FROM TIME TO TIME, AND THE FOREGOING SHALL BE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT ACCESS AND/OR USE THE SERVICES.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AND/OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE PARTIES ARE WAIVING THEIR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN THE EVENT OF ARBITRATION.
PRIVACY: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO COMPANY’S PRIVACY NOTICE AT PRIVACY NOTICE, AS IT MAY BE CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME BY COMPANY IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, AND WHICH SUCH THEN-CURRENT VERSION SHALL BE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE (“PRIVACY NOTICE”).
Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- The Services. Company provides website generators, brandable booking integrations and customer relationship management services that assist clients in the camp resort industry, enabling clients to manage website and branding configurations used by their customers, all hosted by Company’s systems.
- Creating an Account. You may need to register for an account in order to access and use certain components of the Services. You agree to provide true, accurate, and current information in connection with your access to and/or use of such Services and your account (if applicable). You may be asked to provide certain information to access certain portions of the Services or to receive certain resources made available by Company. You must ensure that any user IDs and other access credentials are kept strictly confidential and not shared with any unauthorized person. From time to time, we may restrict access to all or part of the Services as we may determine in our sole discretion. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and/or regulations when accessing and/or using the Services. You are responsible for making necessary arrangements to use the Services, such as securing a device and/or internet access. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your device and/or internet connection are aware of these Terms and comply with these Terms. You agree to notify Company immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of the Services or any other breach of security.
- Data Security; Unauthorized Access. You acknowledge and agree that Company utilizes third-party service providers to host and provide the Services and store Your Content (as defined below), and the protection of such data will be in accordance with such third party’s safeguards for the protection and the security and confidentiality of data. You are responsible for properly configuring and using the Services and taking appropriate steps to maintain security, protection, and backup of all of Your Content. Company is not responsible for any unauthorized access to, alteration of, or the deletion, destruction, damage, loss, or failure to store any of, Your Content and data or other information that you submit and/or use in connection with the Services (including as a result of your errors, acts, or omissions).
- Fees. Company offers different types of Service plans, and the fees associated with such plans will be displayed at the time you establish your account. Depending upon the plan selected, fees will be payable in advance on a one-time, monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Company reserves the right to change any fees or charges (or to begin charging fees for any free Services) at any time. All fees due and payable to Company must be paid in full without any deduction, set-off, counterclaim or withholding of any kind unless required by law. Refunds shall be at the sole discretion of Company. Company may charge interest of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month if fees are not paid within fourteen (14) days after the due date. In the event that fees are not paid within thirty (30) days after the due date, Company may, in addition to other available remedies, suspend your access to all or part of the Services.
- Taxes. Company’s charges do not include any taxes, levies, duties, or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including but not limited to value-added, sales, use, or withholding taxes, assessable by any local, state, provincial, federal, or foreign jurisdiction (collectively, “Taxes“), and you are responsible for paying all Taxes (if any) associated with the charges hereunder.
- Payment Method. Upon Company’s request, you agree to promptly provide payment information to Company, as applicable. Credit card charges are subject to a 3.5% convenience fee. You authorize Company and/or its third-party service provider to automatically charge the payment account for the charges. If your payment account is closed, the account information is changed, or a charge is rejected by your payment account, you shall immediately update the payment account or supply a new payment account, as appropriate.
- Stripe. Company uses a third-party service provider, Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”) and the Stripe API, to execute online payment transactions related to your account; provided, however, that Company may choose, in its sole discretion, to implement a different third-party service provider at any time. By using our Services and agreeing to these Terms, you also agree to be bound by Stripe’s terms of service. Any authorization you provide to make automatic payments using the Service will remain in effect until cancelled. You are responsible for all transactions (one-time, recurring, and refunds) processed through the Services and/or Stripe.
- Disputes. If you believe, in good faith and with proper supporting evidence, that a charge is not valid and properly due or that you are entitled to a refund of a charge (“Disputed Charge”), then you shall notify Company in writing (“Dispute Notice”) within five (5) days after the dispute arose. You shall specify reasonable details of the nature of the dispute in the Dispute Notice. The parties shall discuss the Disputed Charge within five (5) days of the date of the Dispute Notice. If the dispute is not resolved within such time period, then either party may at any time thereafter submit such dispute to arbitration as set forth in Article 22.
By accessing and/or using our Services, you agree to the Privacy Notice and consent to any personal information we may obtain about you being collected, stored, shared and/or processed in accordance with the Privacy Notice and these Terms.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older to access and/or use the Services. By accessing and/or using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. No one under the age of eighteen (18) may use the Services, provide any information on the Services or to us. The ‘Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act’ requires that companies obtain verifiable parental consent before they knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of thirteen (13). Company does not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete the information. If you think someone under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When accessing and/or using the Services, you are communicating with us electronically, and consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by posting notices on the Services or by email if you provide your email address to us. You may continue to receive electronic communications from Company (which may include without limitation promotional and advertising material and information about Company) unless or until you elect to opt-out of receiving such communications and notify Company at firstname.lastname@example.org that you no longer desire to receive communications from us. You acknowledge and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and/or other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Changes. Company may update these Terms in its sole discretion, at any time, in whole or in part. If Company makes changes and/or modifications that impact your use of and/or access to the Services, we will post notice of the change and/or modification and change the ‘Updated’ date set forth above. You agree that your continued use of the Services following changes and/or modifications will constitute acceptance of such changes and/or modifications. We may also provide you with additional forms of notice as appropriate under the circumstances. If you do not agree to the changes, you shall not use the Services after the effective date of the changes and/or modifications. Please revisit these Terms regularly to ensure that you stay informed of any changes and/or modifications.
- Additional Terms. Company also reserves the right to post, from time to time, additional rules of usage that apply to specific parts of the Services, which may be posted in the relevant portion of the Services. Your continued use of the Services constitutes your agreement to such additional rules.
- Right to Use. These Terms permit you to use the Services for your internal business purposes. The Services contain material which is owned by or licensed to Company or which Company otherwise has permission to use. By using the Services and accepting these Terms: (i) Company grants you a limited, nonexclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable right to access and/or use the Services and information provided therein in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein and any additional terms, conditions and policies set forth by Company; and (ii) except as expressly set forth herein, you agree not to reproduce, modify, distribute, create derivative works from, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, transmit, store, license, sell and/or re-sell any content, software, products and/or information obtained from and/or accessed through the Services without the express written permission of Company. Notwithstanding the foregoing subsection (ii), your computer or other device may temporarily store copies of information required for you to access and view the information and you may store files that are automatically cached by your device for display enhancement purposes. If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Services in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Services will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- Right to Deny Access and At Your Risk. Company retains the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deny access to and/or use of the Services to anyone at any time and for any reason. While we make reasonable efforts to keep the Services accessible, the Services and/or your account may be unavailable from time to time. You understand and agree that there may be interruptions to the Services and/or access to your account due to circumstances within Company’s control (i.e., routine maintenance) and outside of Company’s control. You acknowledge and agree that the use of the Services is at your own risk, including without limitation the risk that you might be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate and/or objectionable. The Services may be modified, updated, suspended and/or discontinued at any time as determined by Company in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice and/or liability, and you acknowledge and agree that you are aware of this, and any risks related thereto.
- Prohibited Use and Conditions. Any access to and/or use of the Services and/or information provided
by Company other than as specifically authorized herein, without Company’s prior written consent, is
strictly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, you are responsible for your actions while accessing
and/or using the Services, and you shall not use the Services in any manner that violates applicable law,
contract, intellectual property, or other third-party rights. You shall not:
- restrict or interfere with another user’s ability to use or enjoy the Services;
- overburden Company’s infrastructure in any manner and/or otherwise damage and/or impair the functionality of the Services;
- gather email addresses through harvesting or automated means;
- post or transmit unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, and/or any other forms of solicitation to other users;
- attempt to access any portion of the Services that is not public and/or override any security measures that are in place;
- introduce any virus, ‘Trojan Horse’, worm or other similarly harmful programming routines or automated systems, including, ‘robots’ or ‘botnets’, that flood the system with information at an unreasonable rate;
- impersonate any other person or entity, use a disguised identity and/or use any misleading and/or false information or statements for any purpose, including but not limited to, gaining access to another user’s account;
- provide content that is harmful, offensive, inaccurate, abusive, indecent, harassing, activist, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate language including without limitation, bigotry, racism, discrimination, hatred, or profanity;
- engage in any harassment, stalking, intimidation, blackmail, coercion or embarrass other users;
- sell, resell, copy, reproduce, redistribute, or display publicly the Services or content on the Services other than expressly permitted by Company;
- modify content in the Services in any way, such as the removal of any proprietary rights notices or markings; and/or
- create a link to the Services from another service or document without prior written consent from Company.
Furthermore, Company grants you the rights set forth herein, subject to the following conditions:
- you hereby represent and warrant to Company that (i) all information provided to Company by you is true, complete, and accurate in all respects, and (ii) you are authorized to submit such information to Company;
- you shall not decompile, modify, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Services;
- you may not access all or any part of the Services in order to build a product or service which competes with the Services;
- you shall not copy or imitate part or all of the design, layout, or look-and-feel of the Services or individual sections of it, in any form or media;
- you shall not access any content on the Services via automated means including without limitation crawling, scraping and/or caching;
- you agree not to intentionally hold Company and/or its employees and/or directors up to public scorn, ridicule, or defamation;
- you will prevent unauthorized access to and/or use of the Services and notify Company promptly of any such unauthorized access and/or use;
- you will not attempt to do any of the following: access data not intended for you, monitor the Services for data gathering purposes and/or interfere with the Services in relation to any user in any manner;
- you will not attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; and/or
- you shall not use the Services for any unlawful purpose and/or to violate any federal, state, international law, code of conduct and/or other guidelines which may be applicable to the Services.
- No Confidentiality. Company shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any information and/or materials submitted through the Services except as otherwise expressly specified in these Terms and/or the Privacy Notice and/or as set forth in any additional terms and conditions relating to specific products and/or services utilized by Company in conjunction with the Services, and/or as otherwise required by law. Except as expressly permitted herein, the commercial use, reproduction, transmission or distribution of any information, software or other material available through the Services without the prior written consent of Company is strictly prohibited. Company may take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services. Company has the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY COMPANY DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER COMPANY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
If you access the Services through a mobile device, you agree that information about your use of the Services through your mobile device and carrier may be communicated to us, including but not limited to your mobile carrier, your mobile device, or your physical location. In addition, use of the Services through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through your mobile device. By accessing the Services using a mobile device, you represent that to the extent you import any of your data to your mobile device that you have authority to share the transferred data with your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile account, you must promptly update your account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number and failure to do so is your responsibility. You acknowledge you are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing the Services through your mobile access provider. Therefore, you should check with your provider to find out if the Services are available and the terms for these services for your specific mobile devices. Company is not responsible for the Services not displaying or working correctly on mobile services.
The Services and their entire contents, features and functionality are owned by Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary right laws. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents of the Services, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, trade dress, logos, slogans, and/or proprietary technology currently used, or which may be developed and/or used in the future in any form is prohibited. As between the parties, Company and/or its licensors are the sole owner of: (i) the Services and information provided by Company; (ii) any data or metadata created, aggregated, or generated by access to and/or use of the Services; and (iii) all of its source code, object code, software, content, copyrights, trademarks, patents, improvements, enhancements, derivatives, and any other intellectual property rights related to (i) and (ii) or included therein. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, Company and/or its third-party licensors reserve all right, title, and interest in and to the Services and related information, including without limitation all related worldwide intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to you hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein. Any use of the Services not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
“White Pine Digital” and/or Company logos, icons and other marks identifying Company and/or the Services are trademarks of Company and may not be used without prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved to Company.
During the course of your access to and/or use of the Services, you may enter, post and/or upload content and information (collectively, “Your Content”). You are responsible for providing Your Content and/or information and responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity, and legality of such data. You hereby grant Company a worldwide, perpetual non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, distribute and display the Your Content in connection with the Services. You represent and warrant that you own all of Your Content or that you have permission from the rightful owner to use each of the elements of Your Content, and that you have all rights necessary for Company to use the Your Content in connection with the Services. You retain title, all ownership rights, and all intellectual property, in and to the Your Content and reserve all rights not expressly granted to Company. Your Content excludes any content available in the public domain; and any content owned or licensed by Company, whether in connection with providing the Services or otherwise. Company may use, subject to the terms of its Privacy Notice, information collected in your use of the Services. You hereby grant to Company a non-transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, license to use Your Content for its commercial purposes so long as the Your Content is anonymized whereby personally identifiable information is removed.
Company does not review any data or other information provided on or through the Services for specific values, security, or any other purposes. Company does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. Company disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other user of the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of their contents. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
If you choose to submit any questions, comments, ideas, suggestions, inventions, or other information (“Feedback”) to Company, such Feedback is non-confidential and will become the sole property of Company. Company will be able to use any Feedback for any purpose including the developing, creating and/or marketing of products or services and you acknowledge Company will give no credit or compensation to you and you have no rights to the same. Company has no obligations to review any Feedback and may use and redistribute Feedback for any purpose without restriction in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Third-Party Content. Company may provide access to content provided by third parties, including, without limitation, information, dialogue, opinions, stories, advice, statistical data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, and other materials, whether publicly or privately posted to or emailed or otherwise transmitted through the Services (“Third-Party Content”). The third party from whom or which any such Third-Party Content originates is solely responsible for it and Company assumes no responsibility to verify, has no control or influence over, makes no representations regarding, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of any Third-Party Content. Accordingly, Company does not control or endorse such Third-Party Content and has no liability of any kind to you or any third party for any Third-Party Content. Statements of opinion and commentary in Third-Party Content are those of the third party and, not necessarily those of Company.
Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to block you or terminate your access to the Services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice, without liability and for any reason including without limitation if Company suspects, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you (by information, investigation, conviction, settlement or otherwise) have violated any of the terms and conditions set forth herein, the Privacy Notice, any other policies provided by Company, or if you engage (or we suspect you have engaged) in an improper or fraudulent manner in connection with your access to and/or use of the Services. In the event you share the access granted hereunder with any person or entity, and/or misuse the Services by any means actionable under a federal, state, and/or local statute, code, regulation, law, and/or civil action, Company will consider your access as having been acquired by fraud and/or misrepresentation and will terminate your access immediately, without liability. In such event, Company retains the right to seek civil and/or criminal redress, the entire cost of which shall be borne solely by you.
If we terminate your account or block you from the Services, you may not access and/or use the Services and you shall not subscribe under a new account unless formally invited by Company. If you commit fraud and/or falsify information in connection with your use of the Services, you shall be liable for any and all damages that we suffer, and we may pursue legal action through relevant local and national law enforcement authorities and may notify your Internet service provider or mobile service provider of any fraudulent activity we associate with you and/or your access to and/or use of the Services.
If you violate these Terms we may block you from the Services and you are prohibited from using the Services. Upon termination, the provisions of these Terms are by their nature intended to survive termination (including without limitation any disclaimers, limitations of liability and indemnities) shall survive such termination.
Occasionally there may be information in the Services that contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, and/or omissions. We reserve the right to: (i) revoke any stated offer; (ii) correct any errors, inaccuracies, and/or omissions; and/or (iii) make changes to prices, content, promotion offers, service and/or product descriptions, specifications, and/or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes.
We reserve the right to block access to and/or remove material that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally distributed by you and/or other third parties and remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders. Should you believe anything in the Services infringes on any copyright that you own or the copyright of others, you may notify the copyright agent (“Copyright Agent”) at White Pine Digital, Attn: Copyright Agent, 38 Commerce Ave. SW, Suite 200, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, or at email@example.com. We will respond to clear notices of copyright infringement when you provide the following information: (i) signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) description of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed upon; (iii) description of where the material that is claimed to be infringed upon is located in the Services; (iv) information reasonably sufficient to permit contact (i.e., an address, telephone number, and an e-mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted); (v) statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) statement by the complaining party, made under penalty of perjury, that complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the intellectual property owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.
The Copyright Agent will not remove content from the Services in response to phone or email notifications regarding allegedly infringing content, since a valid ‘DMCA’ notice must be signed, under penalty of perjury, by the copyright owner or by a person authorized to act on his or her behalf. Please submit such notifications by mail only and as further described by this Section. The Copyright Agent should be contacted only if you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and that such infringement is occurring in the Services. All other inquiries directed to the Copyright Agent will not be responded to.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company and its affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, proceedings, actions, costs, liabilities, losses, awards, fees, damages of any kind, expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) arising out of and/or in relation to: (i) your use, misuse and/or abuse of the Services; (ii) Your Content (including without limitation claims related to intellectual property infringement); (iii) any use of the Services in breach of these Terms and/or the Privacy Notice; (iv) your violation of any law and/or the rights of a third party; and/or (v) fraud you commit and/or your intentional misconduct and/or negligence.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES AND INFORMATION GIVEN OR MADE AVAILABLE BY COMPANY TO YOU ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’, ‘AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS. COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, AND FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE AND/OR TRADE PRACTICE, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION, GUARANTEE AND/OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL, IN WRITING OR IN ELECTRONIC FORM. COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES DO NOT REPRESENT AND/OR WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AND/OR INFORMATION WILL BE CONSTANTLY AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE AND/OR ERROR-FREE, AND/OR LOSS AND/OR SECURITY BREACH OF TRANSMITTED INFORMATION, AND/OR THAT NO VIRUSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED THROUGH ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR INFORMATION. COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY CONTENT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT INFORMATION AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD FROM THE INTERNET OR THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ANTI-VIRUS PROTECTION AND ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT, AND FOR MAINTAINING A MEANS EXTERNAL TO OUR SERVICES FOR ANY RECONSTRUCTION OF ANY LOST DATA. NO ADVICE AND/OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL AND/OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE OR OTHER DEVICE, PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR RELATED TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY INFORMATION POSTED IN THE SERVICES, OR ON ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION LINKED TO THE SERVICES. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT ENTIRELY YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AND/OR RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES, YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SERVICES AND/OR INFORMATION AND/OR LINKS IN THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THOSE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA AND/OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, AND/OR ANY OTHER LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS HEREIN MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN SUCH LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCE. IN SUCH STATES, COMPANY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE COMPANY AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY COMPANY.
If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction in which any other statute or common law principles of similar effect applies, you waive the application of such statute or common law with respect to the claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) released under this Section.
- Disputes. We want to address your concerns without filing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against Company, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by sending a letter to us describing your claim to: White Pine Digital, Attn: Legal Department, 38 Commerce Ave. SW, Suite 200, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. We will try to resolve the dispute by contacting you via email, but if we cannot resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days after submission (or within a time period as otherwise agreed to by both parties), you and/or Company agree to resolve any claims related to these Terms through final and binding arbitration. Any and all controversies, disputes, demand, counts, claims, or causes of action (collectively “Actions”) between you and Company or Company employees, directors, officers, agents, successors, or assigns, shall exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration, except as set forth under ‘Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate’ or for any claims that you or Company may take claims to small claims court if the dispute qualifies for hearing by such a court. In all cases, any Actions must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action arises.
- Opt-Out. You can opt-out and decline this agreement to arbitrate by contacting Company within thirty (30) days from the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. You must write to us at White Pine Digital, Attn: Opt-Out Arbitration, 38 Commerce Ave. SW, Suite 200, Grand Rapids, MI If you opt out, neither you nor Company can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding.
- Arbitration Procedures. Except in the event the claim meets the requirements set forth in the ‘Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate’ section below and/or if you opt out of arbitration as described above, all claims shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules, in effect at the time the proceedings begin. Any such controversy and/or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be held in Kent County, MI, or any other location we agree to. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. You and Company must abide by these rules: (i) the arbitration shall be conducted on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action and the arbitrator shall not award class-wide relief; (ii) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (iii) each side pays his, her or its own attorneys’ fees and costs unless the claim(s) at issue permit the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation costs, and in such instance, the fees and costs awarded shall be determined by the applicable law. With the exception of subpart (i) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provision were not contained. If, however, subpart (i) above is found invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. All information relating to and/or disclosed by any party in connection with the arbitration of any disputes shall be treated by the parties, their representatives, and the arbitrator as proprietary business information and shall not be disclosed without prior written authorization of the disclosing party.
- Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you and/or Company may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in Kent County, MI. Company may bring a lawsuit for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use and/or abuse of the Services, breach of Company’s confidential information and/or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright and/or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration and/or the informal dispute-resolution process described herein.
- Waiver. There is no judge or jury in arbitration and arbitration procedures are simpler and more limited than rules applicable in court. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT, APART FROM THE NARROW EXCEPTIONS ABOVE, COMPANY AND YOU ARE EACH WAIVING ITS RESPECTIVE RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT, INCLUDING RIGHTS TO RECEIVE A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
Company headquarters in located in Grand Rapids, MI in the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, any questions about pricing, complaints, or inquiries about Company must be sent to our agent for notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. California users are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
These Terms shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Subject to Section 22 above, the parties further agree that any cause of action arising under these Terms shall take place exclusively in the courts situated in Kent County, MI and the parties hereby submit to the venue of the courts situated therein. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
You may have other agreements with Company. Such agreements are separate and in addition to these Terms, unless otherwise agreed to by the parties in writing. You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under these Terms to any other party without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and/or obligations under these Terms to any other party at our discretion. If any provision and/or term of these Terms shall become or be declared illegal, invalid, or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term and/or provision shall be divisible from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them. If an applicable law is in conflict with any part of these Terms, these Terms will be deemed modified to conform to the law and the other provisions will not be affected by any such modification. No waiver by either you and/or Company of any breach and/or default and/or failure to exercise any right allowed under these Terms is a waiver of any preceding and/or subsequent breach and/or default and/or a waiver and/or forfeiture of any similar and/or future rights under these Terms. These Terms along with the Privacy Notice constitute the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter herein and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
If you would like to request additional information regarding these Terms or if you have feedback about the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.